(Recited & lived by students and staff daily)
Using Christ as our model,
we strive daily to enhance the growth of each person.
In His way, we develop life-long learners
who are committed to
knowing, loving, and serving God.
Serving Beech Grove and the surrounding community since 1922, Holy Name Catholic School, a ministry of Holy Name Catholic Church, affirms the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church through a comprehensive educational experience that partners rich traditions with exciting new initiatives geared toward 21st Century learners. Open to all families committed to the philosophies and mission of our school, we are devoted to maximizing the potential of students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 with diverse gifts and talents. Holy Name strives to develop lifelong learners who are committed to knowing, loving and serving God. Our commitment to academic excellence is evident in our rigorous curriculum, the wide variety of programming options we offer, and the relationships we share. These meaningful, relevant learning experiences further boost the total growth of each student as we provide a strong foundation for students to become competent, compassionate, skilled thinkers ready to serve and lead our ever-changing world.
In the educational mission of the Catholic Church embracing its Gospel message as lived in service to others;
In the foundation of the family unit, acknowledging that parents are the primary teachers and our parish and school are extensions of the family unit;
In the inherent goodness of every person, respecting the personal integrity, intellectual abilities, and unique personal qualities of each;
In the revelation of God’s goodness in all creation, accepting our responsibility to care for the earth and all within it; and
In the utilization of technological advancements to develop competent, skilled thinkers ready to lead and improve our world.
Holy Name Catholic School’s 21st Century learning environment will bring God’s world to our children and empower our children to serve and lead the world!
All who enter Holy Name Catholic School know that Christ is the reason for this school. “Christ is the unseen but our ever-present teacher in its classes. He is the model of its faculty and the inspiration of its students.”
– Author Unknown
A HOLY NAME CATHOLIC SCHOOL “GRAD AT GRAD”:
A student who is enrolled from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade as a Holy Name Giant will be among the best and brightest in whatever high school they choose. A Holy Name graduate:
- Is a critical and creative thinker who demonstrates strong work ethic and self-discipline
- Collaborates with others to solve problems
- Embraces the Gospel message and the seven themes of Catholic social teaching as evident in his/her service to the community at large
- Is goal-oriented and not only ready, but eager, to face the challenges of our ever-changing world and global economy
- Is academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually prepared to prosper in a technological world; and
- Maintains a strong foundation of literacy, mathematics, social sciences, technology, and the arts upon which new knowledge is easily attained.